Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011







Welcome 2011! We received you with a feast of yummy cold meats, salads, pancake tower and cheese platter, not to mention the delicious deserts: tiramisu, lemon pie and fruit salad with ice-cream. We also had a great time singing, playing charades and laughing and we did it all despite the extremely hot weather and mosquitoes.

Bienvenido 2011! Te esperamos con un manjar de carnes frias, ensaladas, torre de panqueques y bandeja de quesos, sin olvidarnos de los deliciosos postres: tiramisu, lemon pie y ensalada de frutas con helado. Tambien la pasamos bien cantando, tocando el violin y la gitarra, jugando a digalo con mimica y riendo y lo hicimos todo a pesar de la extrema temperatura de 40 grados y los mosquitos.

Este ano va a ser un ano dificil, extremadamente agitado y atareado y con algunos cambios a los que habra que acostumbrarse. Asique estas vacaciones me tengo que cargar bien de pilas, descansar y prepararme mentalmente para el gran desafio. Es muy probable que este sea mi ultimo ano de estudio (rompiendome bien la cabeza para terminar) y finalmente me reciba. Con mi titulo en mano vendran otros desafios, aplicar por trabajos y comenzar una carrera nueva.

Mi mayor determinacion para este ano es estar sana y fuerte. Eso implicara agregar una rutina de ejercicio en mi ocupado calendario y cuidarme mucho en las comidas. Quiero en 3 meses poder estar arriba de la bicicleta pedaleando por Melbourne y entrenando para aventurarme a viajes mas largos.

This year will be a difficult one, extremely busy and with some changes to get used to. So this holidays I have to rest well, charge my batteries and mentally prepare for the big challenge. It is probable that this will be my last year of study (if I kill myself studying) and will finally graduate. With a diploma in hand other challenges will come: applying for jobs and starting a new career.

My main resolution for the year though is to become healthy and strong. This will imply adding an exercise routine to my busy schedule and really watch what I eat. I want to be up on my bike in 3 months time pedaling through Melbourne and training for longer trips.
Wish me well, for I have a very challenging year ahead and I am going to need help, support and understanding.

Deseenme suerte porque este ano va a ser muy dificil y voy a necesitar ayuda, soporte y entendimiento.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Alejandra, Ric & Anton! The food looks delicious! Love LR xo