Monday, January 24, 2011

Vacation III Big Challenge





By the afternoon the wind eased and I went back to the beach for another swim and a bit of sun-baking. I also read more of Isabel Allende's Portrait en Sepia. After a shower and whilst the boys were trying to catch a wave or two I attempted my challenge: walk to and back from the pier. Not an extremely long walk, but long enough for me. I was so proud of myself when I got there with my ipod listening to Death Cab for Cutie, Cordrazine, Laura Veirs and The Decemberists, all great company to complete a perfect backdrop.
The day ended after dinner at Cuda Bar with live loud music and delicious dinner. The waiter was from Uruguay, the food was really nice and the music, well...there will be times for better performers, I hope. The almost full moon illuminated the road and the ocean on the way home at 10.30 pm. It was a perfect end for a perfect yet short holiday.

Por la tarde el viento paro un poco y volvi a la playa, me meti a nadar y tome mas sol. Tambien segui leyendo mi libro de Isabel Allende "Retrato en Sepia". Despues de banarme y mientras los muchachos trataban de agarrar una ola o dos yo intente mi desafio: caminar hasta el muelle y volver. No una super larga caminata, pero suficientemente larga para mi (1 hora y un poco mas). Me enorgullecio mucho cuando llegue al muelle con mi ipod escuchando Death Cab for Cutie, Cordrazine, Laura Veirs and The Decemberists, todos muy buena compania para completar el cuadro perfecto.
El dia termino despues de cenar en Cuda Bar con musica en vivo y comida deliciosa. El mozo era de Uruguay, la comida rica y la musica, bueno....ya habra tiempo para mejores musicos, espero. La luna menguante ilumino la ruta y el oceano en camino de vuelta a las 10.30 pm. Fue el final perfecto para la perfecta aunque corta vacacion.

No comments: