Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sticky Date Pudding to celebrate

Today was a day of visitors. My friends "the Italian gang" (Anna, Linda and Sonia) came to visit me for afternoon tea. We had a nice coffee and caught up with some gossip and some tales from my time in hospital. It was nice seeing them and having a laugh. After dinner my sister in law and nephews came to see me and they kept me company while Ricardo was out running. Luca made a delicious sticky date pudding and made a caramel sauce to pour over it. It was so yummy! It made me think of the time we went to school camp and Bev's face lit up when we made her believe we were having sticky date pudding for dessert and just as quickly her smile faded into a grin when she found out it was all a big tease. We laughed for hours...

Today I had the best news from my physio, he said I don't need my crutches anymore and he thinks I am doing really well. My hip can bend at 85 degrees already and he reckons I am very strong...so he gave the OK to go and walk on sand. He said it will be very good for me particularly in the water. Of course I am not allowed to swim in the waves, but I am really happy to know that I can go to the beach and walk a little. I can smell the ocean, touch the sand with my feet and even bathe them in the cool water! Today was a great day. We planned to go to Lorne on Thursday...so my smile is so big my lips are nearly touching my ears.

Hoy fue un dia de visitas. A la tarde mis amigas " Las Italianas" (Anna, Sonia y Linda) vinieron a tomar el te. Tomamos un rico cafecito y nos pusimos al dia con el chusmerio y las historias del hospital. Estuvo bueno verlas y reirnos un poco. Despues de cenar vino Andrea y los chicos. Mi sobrino Luca hizo un postre riquisimo "Budin de higo" con salsa de caramelo. Estaba tan ricoooooooo! Me hizo acordar cuando fuimos de campamento con el colegio y le hicimos creer a Bev que habia budin de higos (su favorito) de postre y se le ilumino la cara con una sonrisa de oreja a oreja que desvanecio inmediatamente cuando le dijimos que era una broma. Nos reimos tanto.

Hoy mi fisioterapeuta me dio la mejor noticia. Me dijo que estoy re bien, que no necesito mas las muletas, que mi cadera ya se flexiona a 85 grados y que mis musculos estan fuertes. Asique me dio permiso para caminar sobre la arena especialmente a la orilla del mar donde hay agua. Me dijo que no absolutamente ningun problema para que pueda ir a la playa. Por supuesto no puedo nadar en el mar y revolcarme con las olas, pero yo me conformo con pisar la arena, oler el mar y mojarme los pies. Asique hoy fue un GRAN DIA! Ya hicimos planes para ir a Lorne el jueves asique mi sonrisa es tan grande que mis labios casi tocan mis orejas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you yesterday! Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Love LR xo

vale said...

QUe bueno hermanita!! que alegria tan grande me das con esta noticia!
Segui adelante con mucha fuerza que vas a estar barbara como nueva!
Buen viaje disfruta del mar. I love you sooooooo much.
Que rico se ve ese budin por diosssss, mandame la receta, me encantan esos budines asi humedos como se ve en la foto mmmmm que rico.