Friday, December 31, 2010

Last day of 2010

Image taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_replacement

Well finally the year is coming to an end, only a few hours left of 2010. What a full-on year it has been for me. We started the year searching for a new place to live and finding a new house. Work-wise was incredibly busy, not only the everyday busy, but we had to shift buildings, all the packing, arranging, cleaning, re-arranging, decorating and getting used to the new place. I also had established a tutoring business with 11 students, which I hope to continue in the new year and to top it all off I completed 6 units at University and I did all of this with a painful hip and a limp. To end the year I had a total hip replacement at a very young age (like everyone keeps telling me and making me feel like a freak). This x-ray is not mine is a borrowed image from Wikipedia, but this is what mine may look like now. The surgery went well and I am now recovering. I suppose this was a successful year in many ways, but it was exhausting and I am incredibly tired. I just sleep in everyday, do my hip exercises and vege-out the rest of the day...no...wait a minute...I forgot I am still studying over the Summer so I have one unit to complete and assignments to write. To be honest I haven't done much yet and I have to get started. Not today though, not today. Today is a day to celebrate the good and to put aside the bad of 2010 and to look forward to a better 2011, which will be also extremely busy for me with units to complete at Uni and practicums to carry out, Anton will start University, Ric will continue to work extremely hard, but I am predicting it will be a changing year for us, with lots of adjustments and many challenges yet our love and care for each other will sees us through. Good bye 2010...thank you for everything :)

2 comments:

Ric said...

ay ay ay!!! what a year! or que anio!
It is amazing all the work you did and all you accomplished in 2010 and still managed to keep smiling for a little more3 weeks each month ;) The rest it is all my fault :)
I wish you all the best my love!

Anonymous said...

Alejandra I am very proud of you! Keep up the fantastic recovery with your hip! Love LR xo