Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A day at a time

Today was a good day, better than good actually, it was a great day!
I woke up in a bit of pain, due to a stupid balancing manoeuvre that I did last night when I put my crutch on the towel that was lying on the bathroom floor and it slipped. I got so scared and it hurt like hell. Luckily the stitches didn't come out and after some pain killer I was able to sleep.
Anyway today I felt a lot better and by walking with only one crutch I was able to do the dishes and tidy up my kitchen bench, hang some clothes on the verandah, got the mail, watered my plants and tidied up a few things on my desk. I know it's nothing exciting, but being able to do this things made me feel in routine and it gave me a lot of satisfaction. In the afternoon I had visitors, my Chilean friends, who I haven't seen in ages, came to see me. I really liked seeing them and chatting with them. Now I finished my dinner and I am ready to start some uni work. I really don't feel like it, but I think that it will give me some sort of a "routine" feeling too. So I will give it a try. Tomorrow is Physio again.

Hoy fue un buen dia, en realidad fue mas que bueno, fue un dia exelente. Me levante con un poco de dolor, debido a un estupido moviemiento balanceador que hice anoche antes de acostarme, cuando apoye la muleta sobre el toallon en el piso y esta resbalo. Me hizo pegar un tiron y senti un dolor terrible. Por suerte los puntos no sufrieron y yo no me cai, pero me produjo mucho dolor durante la noche.
En fin, hoy me levante mucho mejor, y como ando solo con una muleta me senti libre para hacer un monton de cosas. Asique despues de mis ejercicios me puse a lavar los platos del desayuno y a acomodar la mesada, colgue algo de ropa en el balcon, fui a ver si habia carta y acomode algunas cosas en mi escritorio. Ya se que no son cosas maravillosas, pero esa cotidianeidad me dio una especie de rutina que me venia faltando y me hizo sentir re bien. Despues tuve visitas. Mis amigos chilenos vinieron a verme. Hacia muchisimo que no nos veiamos y me encanto charlar un rato con ellos. Ahora termine mi cena y me voy a poner a estudiar un ratito. No estoy ni ahi, pero creo que estudiar me va a dar una especie de rutina tambien. Manana viene el fisio otra vez.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you the other day! I thought you looked well! Take care! Love LR xoxo

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - Alejandra, Ric & Anton! Love LR