Sunday, July 28, 2013

Weekend in Melbourne

I think I can say with a 99.9% accuracy that Grill'd has the best chips I tasted in Melbourne. They are served always hot, crunchy, golden and sprinkled with oregano. I really love them! We enjoyed them on Saturday afternoonish as late lunch after I paid a visit to Casa Iberica to fill my cupboard with yerba mate and dulce de leche. I also bought a packet of a delicious bizcochitos con grasa to have with my mate. What are those bizcochitos you may ask...well, they are a type of savoury biscuit probably cooked with far too much butter or lard or something that makes them very tasty and that is surely really bad for you. However, I must admit that there is no better combination that drinking hot mates with these bizcochitos. 

On Sunday I had a day of abstinence and ate nothing. I also went to the gym and walked to the city. I took this photo of the view by the banks of the Yarra river. I was sort of mesmerised looking at how beautiful and peaceful our city really is. I have now recharged to start a new week.




No comments: