Monday, July 8, 2013

Aunt Merci and Preggi Cousin

I only saw my aunt Mercedes and my cousin Sol once on this trip. My aunt put me in the subway and took me to a surprise location. Once we were out of the escalator and into the street I realised where we were going: La Puerto Rico, my favourite coffee shop in Buenos Aires. I used to go to this cafe to purchase coffee beans for my boss. Every time I entered La Puerto Rico the aroma of exquisite coffee inundated my senses. I could almost taste the thick flavours of freshly brewed coffee and imagine a shiny croissant sitting delicately beside the hot cup. I used to love sitting there on the dark wooden chairs and marble tables and read whilst drinking a cafe-latte and looking at the black and white pictures on the walls. The coffee tasted nearly as good as it smelled. The place changed quite a bit since then, but the magic still remains. Thanks Tia!

Solamente vi a mi tia Mercedes y a mi prima Sol una vez en este viaje. Mi tia me subio a un subte y me llevo a un lugar sorpresa. Cuando salimos de las escaleras hasta la calle, me di cuenta donde estabamos yendo: La Puerto Rico, mi cafe preferido en Buenos Aires. Solia ir ahi a comprar granos de cafe para mi jefe. Cada vez que entraba a La Puerto Rico el aroma exquisito de cafe inundaba mis sentidos. Podia casi degustar los ricos sabores del cafe recien molido e imaginarme una medialuna brillante puesta delicadamente al lado de la taza. Me encantaba, cuando podia, sentarme en las sillas de madera oscura y las mesitas redondas de marmol a leer mientras tomaba un cafe con leche y miraba las fotos blanco y negro colgadas en las paredes. El cafe sabia casi tan rico como su olor. El lugar cambio bastante desde entonces aunque aun mantiene ese magia del pasado. Gracias Tia!










 My cousin Maria Sol and her 5 months pregnant belly. She is pregnant with her first child. Good luck, Sol!
Mi prima Maria Sol y su panza de 5 meses. Espera su primer bebe. Suerte Sol, que salga todo bien!



I was very happy to meet Dani, my cousin's partner. He is such a nice guy and he made really nice mates.

Muy contenta de conocer a Dani, la pareja de mi prima. Me cayo muy bien y sabe hacer ricos mates!

The streets of Buenos Aires CBD, a very busy place, lots of people, lots of cars and lots of noise. Very nice buildings, very European.

Las calles de Buenos Aires, un lugar muy atareado, lleno de gente, lleno de autos and mucho ruido. Muy lindos edificios, muy europeos.

No comments: