Monday, January 12, 2009

Port Melbourne

This is a photograph of Port Melbourne Pier on one of those many afternoons that we get there by sunset at the end of our bike ride (well actually is just half way). I love this image, it makes me think of sea breezes. It is a good spot to sit and ponder on the accoplishment of getting there by push bike. Photographically speaking is a well composed image. It works because care has been taken to position the pier in exactly the middle of the image hence creating balance. The eye follows the pier into the distance and then out to the sides. Unfortunatelly, the light is too strong on the right and it burnt the sky leaving no detail. The contrast is good, the shadows are not too strong. The clouds in the background make an interesting addition and add detail to the image.
Today I got up with two things in mind that I wanted to do just to feel that I did something in the house during this holidays and I have accoplished what I set out to do, that is why this image is appropriate for today. I cleaned my fireplace and cleaned my spices shelf! I threw out so much rubbish! Tomorrow is Lorne again, they say the thermometer is going to hit 37!
Hoy hace 19 anos que pise por primera vez suelo australiano a los 20 anos.  El ano que viene se cumpliran 20 anos, la mitad de mi vida vivida en Argentina y la otra mitad aca, en Australia. What an anniversary!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: