Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Car washing at midnight

After coming back from the beach, the car has so much grit and sand everywhere that it screams for a wash, so we listened and took it for a midnight bath.
Despues de la playa el auto pide a gritos que le saquemos la mugre y la arena pegoteada, asique lo escuchamos y lo llevamos por un bano de medianoche.
Hoy no paso demasiado, hizo calor y nosotros descansamos del dia de ayer. Anton se fue a explorar caminos en bicicleta con Ryan y nosotros fuimos al mercado a comprar un par de boludeces. Manana el plan es andar en bici, tal vez en vez de Port Melbourne vayamos a The Docklands que todavia no conocemos o St. Kilda. El plan es ir con tiempo de parar y tomar un cafecito rico en algun lado. Esperemos que no este agobiante de calor. Se estan terminando las vacaciones y a pesar de que me gusta el la buro que hago no puedo dejar de sentir angustia y lamentar muchas cosas que no hice durante las vacaciones. Por que sera que la libertad cuesta tan cara.

I can't stop feeling depressed about the holidays coming to an end. Why is it that even though I like my job and I enjoy working with the people I work with (well some of them anyway) I still feel like this, like something is being ripped away from me slowly and painfully. It must be the lack of control and the fact that our instinct is to run free, to explore and to do what we feel like at every moment. Structure is something that restricts these feelings and puts an end to free time and one must starts "managing time" and compartmentalising and compromising and choosing. I don't like it! I am also a bit worried about the pressure I am putting on myself this semester at uni. I have decided to do 3 units instead of 2 and that will mean a lot more work, a lot more reading, a lot more writing, a lot more time of the computer...I don't know...I don't know...we will see. I thought I was going to rest a lot on the holidays and be ready for the challenge but I don't feel I rested enough. I need my sleep.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

andrea said...

Tu auto debe sentirce muy previligiado de tener duenos que escuchan su reclamo!!

Ezequiel Garate said...

Ale, ese auto no pega con vos!!!! JAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJ!!!!!!!
es un auto muy grande para alguien tan chico, como llegas a los pedales?... con unos zancos????