Monday, January 26, 2009

DEXTER

Dexter is one of my favourite TV series at the moment. Is about a Miami Police Department blood spatter analyst who has a dark secret: he kills people. He only kills those who deserve to die, those who fall through the gaps of the justice system. He has a very serious and strict code by which he measures who can be killed and who can't. Dexter is not a normal human being. He can't feel anything. Everything he does to fit in is just practised imitation of human behaviour. Inside he is just different, he just loves killing living things and his code helps him stay free.
It was hard at first to like Dexter, I mean "who can like a cold blooded killer?" and if you don't like the main character how can you keep watching, but after a few episodes you start getting to know him and can't help but want Dexter to get his next ugly victim and get away with it.
It is really funny to hear (as the episodes are narrated by Dexter) what goes on inside his head and how he is a maser at imitating human responses. I think that is the best of it.
I am reading the book as well, inspired by the series Ric bought me the book and I have been reading all summer. The books are diffeent to the tv series and hence I enjoyed them more because the plots were new. However I think that the characters and the plots are better developed in the series which is very unusual since it is generally the other way around. Whoever is writing the series is doing an excellent job.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: