Friday, January 2, 2009

Any Baker's Envy

Aren't they? My beautifully crafted 'alfajores de maicena' were made with the finest ingredients and lots of love. This argentinian delicacy requires a lot of patience and careful manipulation, recepie availble on request!
Anyway today I just wanted to write about 'Death Cab for Cutie' a band that my husband recommended. I have tried to get into it for a while now. I have listened to it a few times while riding my bike, because I like to associate music with other things I like to do. Just as I learned to love 'The Shins' while travelling to Lorne last summer holidays. I also tried not only to listen to the melodies but to focus on the lyrics, but I still can't get quite into them. There's two things I am not sure of yet. One: the voice of the singer makes me think of the 'pet shop boys' singer which I completely dislike (but only in a couple of songs) and the other thing is that some lyrics seem a little childish.
On the other hand I know that sometimes it takes a little longer for music to grow on me, so I will continue to listen to it an see if I can like it and add it to my list.
Posted by Picasa