Sunday, February 21, 2010

Water Cool and Cleansing



Finally the day I waited for all week arrived and I found myself driving along the Great Ocean Road towards my dream town of Lorne. It was so hot that it couldn't have been more perfect for what I had in mind. Upon arrival we went for a walk along the main road and as usual found some interesting stuff to look at. I took some photos and we had an ice-cream at our favourite ice-cream place: vanilla, chocolate and white chocolate & macadamia...yummy! Ice-cream that tastes like the flavour implies is not easy to come around...at this place they really do, the flavours are rich and non-artificial.
The moment I hit the beach it was heaven. The sand was warm, the sun was hot, the water was cool and cleansing. How easy it is to be happy...all I need is the ocean, the hills, the sun and the sand. The waves were few and non threatening, just relaxing. Floating on the water the waves simply swayed me gently and easily...I wanted to stay there forever. All the tension went away, I don't recall a single care (D.C.F.C). As I walked out of the ocean I remember thinking how the ocean doesn't want me to leave either...it makes me pull hard with every step that I take out, the water drags beneath and around me, the sand whirls trapping my feet below and ever step is an effort. There is a special kind of synergy between the ocean and me...

Finalmente el dia que espere toda la semana llego y me encontre de golpe manejando por la Gran Ruta Oceanica hacia mi pueblo de suenos Lorne. Hacia tanto calor que el dia no pudo ser mas perfecto para lo que tenia en mente. Cuando llegamos nos hicimos una caminata por la calle principal y como siempre encontramos cosas interesantes para mirar. Saque algunas fotos y tomamos un helado en mi heladeria favorita donde los gustos realmente tienen gusto a los nombres: vainilla, chocolate y chocolate blanco con macadamia.
Desde el momento que pise la playa, fue el cielo. La arena estaba calida, el sol caliente y el agua fria y purificadora. Que facil es ser feliz...todo lo que necesito es el oceano, arena, sol y morros. Las olas eran pocas y no amenzantes, solo relajantes. Flotando sobre las olas el agua me mecia suavemente...queria quedarme ahi para siempre. Toda la tension desaparecio, no recuerdo una simple preocupacion. Mientras salia del agua, recuerdo pensar como el oceano no quiere que me vaya tampoco...me hace empujar con cada paso, el agua me arrastra por debajo y alrededor, la arena se atorbellina atrapando mis pies por debajo y cada paso es un esfuerzo. Hay una synergia especial entre el mar y yo...

No comments: