Thursday, April 16, 2009

Devonshire Tea


Today was a study day. Mainly I sat and typed my assignment for Literacy, I seem to be on a roll, however I am questioning whether I am doing what I'm meant to be doing or I simply burnt my eyes reading for the last week or so and now my head is spinning really fast and confused. In any case I am writing about The Social Constructivist Theory of Literacy and Language Learning and Cambourne's Conditions for Learning. The hard part to write is the examples I have to link with the theories, only because when I write an example my academic language doesn't sound so academic and I don't like it. Anyway...this photo is from yesterday's outing in Olinda. This place is just in the middle of nowhere, nestled in the forest, surrounded by trees and ferns and is there just like sinking in the forest, very hard to see from the road which is at the top of the steps, behind where I was standing to take the photo. We were the only people in the tea-house, we had Devonshire tea. The background music was the worst. The scones were absolutelly delicious, but the coffee, nothing special. It was lovely to sit and look out to the beautiful garden though.

Hoy fue un dia de estudio. Escribi un monton, pero quien sabe si estoy haciendo lo correcto. Esta foto es de la salida de ayer. Aca paramos en un pueblito llamado Olinda a tomar lo que se llama Devonshire tea, que es tipica merienda inglesa con te y scones con mermelada y crema. Muy ricos eran los scones, y el lugar precioso ahi enterrado en el bosque de arboles y helechos. Era muy lindo mirar por las ventanas a ese jardin copado. El lugar esta tan escondido que eramos los unicos ahi...y la musica de fondo era malisima!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

vale said...

Que hermoso!, digo si esta tan escondido que ustedes eran los unicos como subsiste un lugar asi? je!