Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cuda Bar at Lorne




Yesterday Ric and I went to Lorne. It was very hot again and it made me enjoy the beach a lot less than I would normally do. I think it's the hot north wind that I hate so much, it makes everything uncomfortable. The water was nice and cooling but the sea was messy and choppy. There weren't nice waves and it wasn't fully flat either, so the in-between kind of washing machine effect was not to my liking. We got there at lunch time and I stayed at the beach until 6ish reading my book "You'll be Sorry When I'm Dead" by Marieke Hardy, then we had a drink at the beach bar and I got so hot sitting there that decided to go back in the water. By the time I came out it was past 7 pm. I had a nice fresh and clean shower and went straight to Cuda Bar.

Ayer Ricky y yo fuimos a Lorne. Hacia mucho calor otra vez y me hizo disfrutar la playa mucho menos que lo que la disfrutaria normalmente. Creo que es el viento caliente del norte lo que odio tanto, porque incomoda todo. El agua estaba linda y refrescante pero el mar estaba revuelto. No habia olas lindas y no estaba pileta tampoco, asique ese efecto lavarropa que habia no me gusta mucho. Llegamos despues del mediodia y nos quedamos en la playa hasta las 6. Yo lei mi libro y despues tomamos algo en el bar de la playa. Sentada ahi en el bar me agarro tanto calor que me tuve que volver a meter al agua. Para cuando sali ya eran mas de las 7. Me bane y nos fuimos directamente a Cuda Bar.

Cuda Bar is really nice, it has a nice decking to sit and eat or drink with a nice sea view, or you can sit inside and listen to the live band of the night. The service there is great and everyone is so friendly. Raquel (I think she is the manager) is from Brazil, she is such a nice person, she remembered us from last year and came to say hello and have a chat about her holidays to Brazil and Buenos Aires. We also talked about Martin, the Uruguayan waiter we met there last year. He was such a free soul and was living the life. We had the fish and chips. The fish was so fresh and the chips were delicious! Raquel gave us a complimentary entree of spring rolls that were very nice. Cuda Bar has the friendliest atmosphere in Lorne, great food, fantastic ambience and it's open till late.

Cuda Bar es hermoso, tiene un lindo patio afuera para comer o beber mirando el mar o podes sentarte adentro y escuchar a la banda en vivo del dia. El servicio es fantastico y todos ahi son super amistosos. Raquel (la manager) es de Brazil, es tan macanuda, se acordaba de nosotros del ano pasado y nos vino a saludar y a contarnos de sus vacaciones en Brazil y Buenos Aires. Tambien hablamos de Martin, el mozo uruguayo que conocimos el ano pasado. Martin era tan espiritu libre, estaba ahi en Lorne viviendo la vida loca ahora esta en Europa. Cenamos ahi, pesado del dia y papas fritas. El pescado era fresquisimo y las papas super crocantes. Raquel nos regalo una entrada de spring rolls que estaban riquisimos. Cuda Bar tiene la atmosfera mas agradable de Lorne, comida buenisima, un ambiente fantastico y esta abierto hasta tarde.

Today I missed the sea and the washing machine effect...hot weather in the house is not at all enjoyable. Summer sucks if not near the beach. That has been my statement for the last 30 years and I am sticking to it.

Hoy extrane el mar y su efecto lavaropa...el calor en la casa no es para nada disfrutable. El verano es un asco si uno no esta en la playa. Este ha sido mi moto desde hace 30 anos y aun los sostengo.

No comments: