Monday, December 28, 2009

I made it!

I made it to the city on my bike! I am beyond happy...I haven't yet written about my new discovered ailment. I recently found out (with a lot of physical and emotional pain) that I have arthritis in my right hip, apparently a really bad case of it, according to the doctor. I haven't yet put my feelings down in paper, I suppose I am still trying to come to terms with it. I know I should be happy that the pain was arthritis and not the "c" word, which I must admit crossed my mind, but it is still a very hard thing to have to endure from a young (relatively) age. So I cried a lot when I found out, a lot. I parked my car outside work after visiting the doctor and cry for 20 minutes before I gathered the courage to walk to my room and face my friends...it didn't really mattered that I had composed myself because I broke down again when I told them...I don't want to have the operation (hip replacement) I really don't... call it fear, call it pride, call it a need to be whole...I don't know what it is and I know that is not the end of the world, but it is the end of a lot of things. Things that I would like to be doing, that I might have plan to do in the near future, or simply the end of "me without arthritis". I don't mean to sound catastrophic or pesimistic, in fact, I do feel optimistic that if I put the effort that I need to put in I may be able to still do all those things that I planned in some corner of my mind. Today it feels like the beginning of it. I have been put on this medication (an anti-inflamatory) that seems to have been working. I haven't had bad pain in the last 3 nights and the days are also better, so I am quite cheerful. Today I drove with my bike in the back of the car to the end of Riversdale Road and the beginning of Swan street and parked my car. I met Ric and Anton and I rode the rest of the way to Southbank. It wasn't much, but it certainly was a lot more than I thought I would be able to do 2 weeks ago when I wasn't able to stay sitted for more than 15 minutes without feeling pain. So it is a great day today and I feel like celebrating.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ricardo zalewski said...

HOLA ALE NO TENGO MUCHO PARA DECIRTE LO QUE QUIERO ES FELCITARTE POR LA MESA NAVIDEÑA QUE ARMASTE ESTA TODO MUY LINDO MUY BIEN DECORADO ME IMAGINO LO QUE HABRAS TRABAJADO FELICITACIONES
ESTAS MUY LINDA EN LA FOTO QUE ESTAS CON LOS LENTES 3D
MUCHOS BESOS PARA LOS TRES
CHAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU