Friday, March 30, 2012

Surviving My First Teaching Term






Surviving my first term wasn't easy but it got better as the weeks went by. It all happened so quickly, I can't believe that it is already the holidays. I guess it is a sign that I am enjoying my job, my class and the challenges it brings me. Today after everyone had gone, I cleaned my room and organised myself for the start of Term 2, a challenging one, getting into the thick of things. I love my kids, I enjoy teaching them and discovering their interests and strengths. These photos were taken a few weeks ago. I should have taken one today, but the day was crazy with so much to do before that final bell to signal the end of term. I take a few things from this learning experience. The most important one is how being organised and prepared pays off, the second is to never underestimate the power 25 children have to both bring life into a dull day or to turn a happy day into a nightmare.
It will feel like I have gone deaf for the next two weeks, without those 25 little voices asking me questions, telling me stories, dobbing on someone or simply being noise little people. I am looking forward to my rest and to returning to my classroom refreshed for a new term. Mrs Z, signing out.

No comments: