Sunday, March 4, 2012

Autumn Begins


As the weather cools down and the light becomes softer, the first dried leaves have started to fall. I know it's still early days but the prospect to talking walks, riding or driving under the orange canopies is exhilarating. I captured these leaves on my drive back from the coffee shop this afternoon. I stopped the car to get closer and I looked up to see some more dry leaves still hanging from the branch above, but yearning to fall and be a part of this beautiful natural cycle.

I made a paper tree in my classroom to be filled with tales of Autumn from my Grade 3 students. As I wait for nature to surround my senses with burnt reds and yellows, soft breezes and gentle lights, I hope to slowly enhance my students' awareness of this mesmerising season.

Mientras la temperatura va bajando y la iluminacion se torna suave, las primeras hojas secas han empezado a desperenderse. Se que es temprano todavia pero la posibilidad de hacer caminatas, andar en bici o manejar debajo de las copas anaranjadas es estimulante. Hoy capture estas imagenes en camino a casa de vuelta del cafe. Pare el auto para ver mas de cerca y cuando mire para arriba vi mas hojas secas todavia colgando de las ramas, pero anhelando caer y formar parte de este hermoso ciclo natural.

Hice un arbol de papel en mi aula para que se vaya llenando de historias de Otono de mis alumnos de 3er Grado. Mientras espero por la naturaleza a que rodee mis sentidos con rojos quemados y amarillos, brisas suaves y luces calidas, espero de a poquito ir elevando la sensibilidad de mis alumnos para esta estacion hipnotizadora.

No comments: