Monday, March 12, 2012

Lovely Autumn Labor Day





I had such a lovely Monday today. It is amazing how a day's feel changes with the prospect of freedom :) Not that I'm complaining about my job, because I really love it, but I think that it is still part of who we are to always want to have the choice. Today I got up at around 9 and after a relaxing breakfast did some work on the computer, cleaned my house, enjoyed the freshly cut lawn with my bare feet and went to Fitzroy to have a nice stroll under the autumn sun. It was just divine, the traffic was minimal and all the shops were opened on Brunswick Street (except for a few). We went to a cafe/restaurant called Madame Sousou. We have never been there before hence never noticed the decor and how cool it is. We sat at a table by the opened huge window and had our coffee and croissant. The service was very friendly and their coffee was nice. We could hear the music and the noise of the outside street, a really nice combination. We really liked it, the atmosphere, the peeled paint job, the tables, the chandeliers...it all seemed to fall into place for a true French feel. One only wondered if the Seine was nearby.

No comments: