Sunday, March 11, 2012

Inspirations



Someone said to me once that if you can inspire at least one child as a teacher, it means you are doing a good job. How proud was I last week when a day after doing a class Autumn Tree and hanging some Autumn Stories written by my students, a child walks in with a home made autumn tree, designed and put together by him complete with animals and all. I nearly cried when I saw it! He collected some autumn leaves and stuck them on a branch with sticky tape to make look like an autumn tree and because he loves animals he put an owl, a bat, and a bird looking at its pray (a little worm laying on the soil of the pot). How awesome!

Alguien me dijo una vez que solo basta con inspirar a un alumno como maestra, para saber que estas haciendo un buen trabajo. Que orgullosa me puso la semana pasada cuando un dia despues de hacer un Arbol Otonal en mi clase y colgar historias otonales escritas por mis alumnos, uno de ellos entra a la clase con un arbol otonal disenado y hecho por el con animalitos incluidos y todo. Casi lloro cuando lo vi! Mi alumno junto algunas hojas rojizas y las pego con cinta scotch a una rama seca que puso en una maceta. Y como a el le encantan los animales dibujo una lechuza, un murcielago y un pajarito mirando a su presa (un gusanito que puso sobre la tierra de la meceta). Que fantastico!!!

No comments: