Wednesday, February 1, 2012

To new beginnings

Well the day has finally come. Today I start my new job of my brand new teaching career. I am excited, nervous and still in disbelief. I should be a bit upset that my holidays are over, but unlike other years (particularly the last few, where I felt things at my other job were going downhill for me) I don't feel that anguish at all. I have been easing into it getting things ready at school and working for hours at home organising things, cutting, laminating, planning and trying to be organised and ready. I don't feel organised enough and even less ready, but I think it is a normal feeling and that eventually things will be ok. I feel a bit sad that I won't be laughing with my friend at school but I'm sure I will be laughing again in no time. I am anxious to meet my students and see what they are like, what they are capable of doing and I hope I will be able to help them learn. Well I better go and brush my teeth and get going. Wish me luck!

Finalmente el dia ha llegado. Hoy empiezo mi nuevo trabajo de maestra. Estoy ansiosa, nerviosa, contenta y todavia no puedo creerlo. Deberia estar un poco triste que se me terminaron las vacaciones, pero no me siento asi, como me sentia estos ultimos anos. Estuve trabajando de a poquito estas dos ultimas semanas tratando de organizar todo y de que este todo listo. No me siento todavia ni muy organizada ni muy lista, pero supongo que es normal sentirme asi y que eventualmente las cosas mejoraran. Me da un poco de lastima que no me voy a matar de risa con mi amiga, pero seguro ya me empezare a reir de otras cosas y con otra gente pronto. Estoy ansiosa de conocer a mis alumnos y de ver como son, que son capaces de hacer y espero poder ayudarlos a aprender. Bueno mejor me voy a lavar los dientes y al auto! Deseenme suerte!

No comments: