Sunday, February 26, 2012

Death Cab for Cutie live concert at the Palace


It was a real treat to be able to see this kick ass band from the front row on Wednesday evening. They played at the Palace Theatre on Bourke Road, a really nice venue. We lined up from about 5:45 pm for a 7.30 entrance, then waited inside another hour before the support band "Dappled Cities" started their act. By 9.30 I was sooooo ready to see Death Cab for Cutie. It was such an amazing experience to have them play all the songs I hear almost on repeat on my ipod, car and home but only at 2m away. The long wait was so worth it. They played lots of songs with an incredible amount of power and energy and did not let me down musically. The only thing I was hoping for and didn't really happened was to see a little more interaction with the audience. Not enough talking Mr Ben Gibbard! I can say that I can tick off this experience from my list, still plenty more to do. I enjoyed the show and took with me some nice memories. Thanks for the music DCC.

Fue realmente un gusto haber podido ver a esta banda que la rompe desde la primera fila el Miercoles por la noche. Tocaron en el teatro Palace en la calle Bourke, un lugar muy lindo. Nos paramos (y sentamos) en la cola desde las 5.45 pm para entrar a las 7.30, despues esperamos una hora mas adentro hasta que la banda de soporte "Dapled Cities"empezo a tocar. Para las 9.30 yo ya estaba tan lista para ver a Death Cab for Cutie! Fue una experiencia alucinante tenerlos ahi tocando todas las canciones que yo esucho casi en forma repetida en mi ipod, auto y casa a solo 2 m de distancia. La larga espera valio la pena. Tocaron muchas canciones con mucha fuerza y mucha energia y no me desilucionaron musicalmente. Lo unico que yo esperaba ver mas y no vi fue un poco mas de interaccion con el publico. No suficiente charla Mr Ben Gibbard! Puedo ahora hacer un tick al lado de esta experiencia como una de esas cosas que uno siempre quiere hacer en su vida. Tick. Todavia hay mucho mas para hacer....lo disfrute mucho el concierto y me lleve unas cuantas lindas memorias. Gracias por la musica DCC.

No comments: