Friday, November 18, 2011

New Job (now censored by the author)

Very excited about my new job for 2012. After weeks of excruciating applications and interviews finally got appointed at Beverley Hills Primary School in East Doncaster, a small but highly academic school in Victoria, where people are lovely.

These past weeks have been awful. I don't know what the process is in other countries or places or jobs, but trying to get a teaching position is a long, tedious and morally crashing exercise. As an applicant you have to contend with writing 5 pages long applications that probably don't get read and sit for interviews (if your are lucky to get one). I am glad it is over now and I can turn the page.

Anyway, I will miss the children and the parents who supported me and encouraged me during this difficult time, a couple of people and ...that's about it. Now to look ahead, to think about next year, my room, my future students and my planning. I am so excited and I won't lie kind of terrified.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ale,
You are a wonderful, multi- talented,beautiful lady.I'm so happy of your new job acceptance at Beverley Hills P.S.
You have many skills & although we'll miss you, I know you will go places & wish you plenty happiness in your future teaching role.
xxx tonia

Alejandra Zalewski said...

Thanks Tonia I will miss you too.