Sunday, August 8, 2010

Seems Like a Long Time

It's been a long time since I last posted. After a week and half of enduring a cold/sore-throat/chest infection/sinus infection/cough I am determined to write a little before going to bed.
I am still not well. I am deaf from one ear and the congestion is still there. I am on my second lot of antibiotics and they don't seem to be potent enough to get rid off this miserable illness. I absolutely hate coughing.
Apart from that and a series of visits to the doctor's I have been watching movies and trying to do a bit of assignment writing.
I watched "In Bruges" for the second time and I liked it even more. In Bruges is a 2008 black comedy film, directed and written by Martin McDonagh, starring Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson as hit-men.
The movie has been filmed in the city of Bruges in Belgium, a beautiful and picturesque place that I now wish I could go and photograph. The story develops slowly in a series of dialogues and conversations between the two gangsters who are hiding and waiting for their boss to contact them. To say more would be to give it away. It is very entertaining, funny and the script is brilliant.
Another movie we saw last weekend before I got really sick was "Inception" with Leonardo DiCaprio and directed by Christopher Nolan. This one is a sci-fi film about dreaming and being able to control what happens in them. Loved it. A little hard to follow though. I'm sure that I miss little pieces of the puzzle along the way and due to my blocked ears (that is the day that everything started! Oh and I'm sure I had a temperature too since I wasn't interested in the popcorn or the chocolate).

Anyway some good came out of being sick and missing on school camp. I was able to do most of my assignments which otherwise I don't know how I was going to get them done. It took me a lot longer than usual. Lots of research involved and when you are not feeling well studying is not the best medicine.
Back to work tomorrow. I'll see how I go.



No comments: