Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunny Sunday

At last the weekend brought about a little bit of sunshine. Sunday started really nice, talking with my sister and my 2 years old niece on Skype. She is so cute and funny. I find it extremely amazing how she understands our unique way of communication. She talks to the computer and takes me with her around the house. Whatever she wants me to see she brings it to the screen and knows that I can't see what she's doing if she goes away, which demonstrates an advance stage of development (conservation property in Piaget's cognitive development). It is simply amazing, she truly is a "digital native".

Al fin el fin de semana trajo un poquito de sol. El domingo empezo lindo, hablando con mi hermana y sobrinita por Skype. Es tan linda y graciosa. Me parece totalmente increible como entiende nuestro sistema de comuncacion. Le habla a la computadora y la lleva con ella a todos lados de la casa. Lo que se le ocurre mostrarme, lo hace delante de la pantalla, claramente entendiendo que si desaparace de la pantalla yo no puedo verlo, lo cual demuestra que su desarrollo cognitivo alcanzo la propiedad de 'conservacion". Es verdaderamente sorprendente, claramente es una "nativa digital".

I really enjoyed the day. I mowed the grass and it smelled so nice. I really love the way the grass feels when it's just cut. It is really green at the moment with all the rain we had this winter. We also had a nice coffee in the afternoon just to get out of the house a little. We have had a horrible couple of weekends so it's nice to start the week feeling a little bit rejuvenated.
On another note, on Saturday it was Anton's concert. There were three ensembles playing. His was the first. They played 3 pieces, I didn't particularly like them and it seemed that the other ensembles picked weird pieces too. I always enjoy watching Anton play anyway...so now I hope that the end of the year concert will have a better choice of pieces.

1 comment:

vale said...

Para nosotras tambien termino lindo nuestro sabado en casa hablando con la tia Ale.
La verdad que si es increible como con apenas 2 aƱos entiende que la tia Ale esta ahi adentro de la pantalla, y espera conmigo mientras conecta Skype para empezar a hablar...es muy vivita mi hijita : )