Sunday, August 15, 2010

Remembering


The weather was shocking today in Melbourne. It was just like it used to be 20 years ago when I first arrived. Four seasons in one day, like the song says. It brought back a lot of memories from those days so long ago...I couldn't believe how far back I was thinking about. Men, 20 years ago it sounds so far. And it is. My son was only in gestation when I used to visit this area of Melbourne once a month first, then twice, then once a week until he was born one day in September. Today we were in the area again for a different reason: Melbourne University Open Day! My son is looking at his options for next year and we attended some information sessions. I am so excited for him. The best years of his life ahead of him. I was listening to a professor explaining what Biomedicine is and what it leads to and I felt a rush of emotions thinking of how precious knowledge is and how happy I am for Anton to be entering a university and learning to think critically and develop his knowledge. I wish him all the best for this year's exams and I am already very proud of him.

EL tiempo estuvo shockeante hoy en Melbourne. Estuvo como solia estar 20 anos atras cuando recien llegamos. Cuatro estaciones en un dia, como dice la cancion. Me trajo muchos recuerdos de aquellos dias hace tanto tiempo atras...No puedo creer que tan atras quedaron esos recuerdos. Veinte anos suena tan lejos. Y lo es. Mi hijo estaba solo en gestacion cuando solia recorrer esta parte de la cuidad una vez al mes inicialmente, despues 2, despues una vez por semana hasta que nacio. Hoy estuvimos por esos mismos lugares, pero con un proposito deiferente: visitar la Universidad de Melbourne. Mi hijo esta averiguando cuales son sus opciones para el ano que viene y atendimos un par de sesiones de informacion. Estoy tan contenta por Anton. Los mejores anos de su vida estan por delante. Mientras escuchaba a los profesores hablar sobre la carrera de BioMedicina me emociono pensar que tan valioso es el conocimiento y que feliz me hace saber que Anton se esta encaminando a aprender a pensar criticamente y a desarrollar su conocimiento. Le deseo lo mejor para los examenes de este ano y ya estoy muy orgullosa de el.

1 comment:

vale said...

Me emociona y no puedo creer como pasa el tiempo y lo grande que esta tu hijito sis...y que persona tan linda es. Los quiero.
Exitos sobrinito!