Saturday, July 24, 2010

Photo Exhibition

Is that time again when my students get to show their talent on the annual Grade 6 Photography Exhibition. When I started this year I didn't know what to expect as the students were very different from last year.
During the first week of Term 2 we started to select the images that will make up the exhibition. 58 in total, one per student. It is an arduous process as I have to sit one on one with every student and sift through the 50 images that each of them took during the workshop. They select the one that they think is the best and then using Photoshop we get it ready for printing.
There is also a bit of writing to do as they must name their image and write a brief recount of their learning process.
Last Friday, after a week of hard work framing and cutting, I was able to hung them in the hall and see them as a collection. As a witness of their learning I am utterly impressed with the results and I am very proud of them and of myself for getting to the end of the program and still be whole.

Thanks to everyone who was involved and helped made this possible.
Please visit:
www.we-frame.blogspot.com to see some of the work.
I have not yet uploaded the images that make up our exhibition, but I will in the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ale, congratulations on a wonderful enlightening exhibition. You are so talented,what a truly amazing experience for all the children. xx Tonia