Sunday, March 6, 2011

Friday relief

Friday evening is now a day when I choose to get rid off the week's ghosts. I drive to this beautiful street in Ivanhoe, park my car and walk about 1/2 hour till I reach Upper Heidelberg Road. I love the streets there, the trees and the houses. Ric and I walk and talk and I suppose we mentally prepare for the weekend ahead, sometimes we made plans, organise what to cook and we simply enjoy the end of another busy week. The exercise helps to shake the stress and makes me feel great. When we reach Upper Heidelberg Road, Ricardo keeps on his long walk to the city and I turn around and do my jogging for the week. Last Friday I ran for 11 minutes! I am so unbelievably happy that I can jog again. It feels great!

Hace ya unas cuantas semanas que viernes a la tarde quedo denominado como el dia para deshacerse de los fantasmas semanales. Manejo hasta esta calle hermosa en Ivanhoe, estaciono y camino media hora hasta la calle Upper Heidelberg. Me encantan las calles de ese barrio, los arboles y las casas. Ricky y yo caminamos y charlamos y tambien nos preparamos mentalemente para el fin de semana, a veces planeamos que vamos a hacer y que vamos a comer y simplemente disfrutamos el final de otra semana intensa. El ejercicio ayuda a sacudir el estress y me hace sentir bien. Cuando llegamos a la calle Upper Heidelberg, Ricky sigue su larga caminata a la city y yo pego la vuelta y corro hasta el auto. El viernes pasado corri por 11 minutos! La verdad me pone tan contenta poder correr otra vez!

No comments: