Sunday, February 22, 2009

Photography Book



For Valentine's Day I got a beautiful bunch of Oriental Lillies and this book. Written and photoraphed by Brett Hilder this book is about a journey through the lands of Spanish culture in the Mediterranean and South America. The book is full of notes made by the photographer in his search to photograph a memory. I love how the handwritten words make a background for the images and how each line adds meaning to the image recorded in the camera and attempts to recreate the memories of the journey. The book presents itself as a collage of words and stickytaped photographs. It is leather bound and I love how it feels in my hands and how evocative is of the lands of my heritage. Brett Hilder is an Australian writer and photographer and his website is a nice one to look at. Check it out is in my list (on the right hand side).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: