Friday, January 11, 2013

Another Day at the Beach











Last Monday we travelled to the beach again, this time Anton came with us, so it was another family outing of which we really took advantage of, since there are less and less as Anton grows older.

El lunes pasado fuimos a la playa otra vez, esta vez Anton vino con nosotros, lo cual es algo que apreciamos muchisimo, ya que a medida que Anton crece las salidas familiares menguan.

The day was stunning and only a little bit windy on the beach at first. Lorne was half empty or half full, however you prefer although in this particular case I feel that "half empty" IS being optimistic, so it felt so much better than the last time we were there.

El dia estaba hermoso, solo un poquito ventoso en la playa al principio. Lorne estaba medio vacio o medio lleno, como sea que prefieran verlo aunque en este caso en particular, "medio vacio" es optimista.

Anton and Ric went for a long bush walk to the top of Ereskine Falls whilst I stayed at the beach and started my new book "The Lifeboat" by Charlotte Rogan. Great book by the way, I can't put it down. I read half of in that afternoon as I sun-baked over my old beach towel. I swam in the not so cold ocean and fought against some waves. I love the feeling of dizziness I get once I come out of the ocean and lay down on my towel to dry. The first two or three minutes I feel really dizzy, like the sensation of the water around my body swaying me back and forth remains with me long after I walked out the water. It's really awesome, it particularly happens when there are lots of waves.

Anton y Ricky se fueron a hacer una caminata hasta las Ereskine Falls mientras yo me quede en la playa a empezar mi nuevo libro "The Lifeboat" de Charlotte Rogan (Bote Salvavidas????). Un fantastico libro de paso comento, de esos que no se pueden dejar. Lei medio libro solo en esa tarde mientras tomaba un poco de sol sobre mi viejita toalla playera. Nade un poco en mar que no estaba tan fria y me revolque con algunas olas. Me encanta el mareo que siento cuando salgo del agua y me acuesto sobre la toalla a secarme. Los dos o tres primeros minutos apenas salgo del agua y me acuesto estoy super mareada, como si la sensacion de estar siendo movida por el agua y las olas permaneciera conmigo por un buen tiempo despues de salir del agua. Esta buensimo, pasa mas cuando hay muchas olas.

Two and a half hours later I drove to Ereskine Falls to pick the boys up and found Ric with a huge cut on his head and blood dripping on the side of his head...he just walked into a branch as he skip from one stone to the other.

A las dos horas y media me fui a buscar a los muchachos a Ereskine (9km hacia arriba) en el auto. Cuando llegue me encontre con que Ricky tenia un tajo en la cabeza y sangre chorreando por el lado de su cara...me asuste pensando que se habia caido, pero fue simplemente una rama que se trago mientras trataba de saltar de una piedra a la otra.

After showering we had some dinner and a picnic coffee in the picnic area overlooking the sea. It was such a perfect ending for such a perfect day.

Despues de banarnos cenamos y nos hicimos un cafecito en el area de picnic mirando el mar. Fue una culminacion perfecta para un perfecto dia.

No comments: