Saturday, December 1, 2012

Culinary Weekend


Another trip to the Spanish Deli left feeling as happy as a clam. I could not believe my eyes when Ric came out of the shop with this little jewel; a jar of Original Chimbote Dulce de Leche. Amongst the two very best dulce de leches from Argentina finally made the trip to Melbourne. The funny thing is that it came from France and perhaps because of that it made it through customs. When I got home and dipped my teaspoon in the tiny jar I felt my taste buds tingle and my stomach juices withdraw against the walls to make room for this creamy sauce to safely land in it. Oh what a delight it was not to be disappointed or cheated. The true taste arrived in Melbourne and lives in my stomach. Thank you Casa Iberica for importing it!

Otro viaje a la fiambreria espanola me dejo sintiendome tan feliz como una almeja. No podia creerlo cuando Ricky salio del negocio con esta pequena joyita; un tarro del dulce de leche original Chimbote. Uno de los dos mejores  dulce de leches de Argentina finalmente hizo su viaje a Melbourne. Lo gracioso es que llego desde Francia y quiza por eso lo dejaron entrar en la aduana. Cuando llegue y meti la cuchara en el tarro para probarlo senti que mis papilas gustativas vibraban y mis jugos estomacales se pegaban a las paredes para hacerle lugar a esta deliciosa salsa espesa para aterrizar a salvo. Que delicia fue no desilusionarme con el gusto, el veradero Chimbote llego a Melbourne y ahora vive en mi estomago (todavia no lo comi todo eh!. Gracias a Casa Iberica por importarlo!

No comments: