Saturday, November 10, 2012

Last Leg of the Race


My weekends are always busy, so busy that they just go by in the blink of an eye. I always wondered if it just me or if it happens to other people. I never seem to have that "relaxing" time that I keep seeing on magazines' pictures where people just lay on the couch with a book in their hand and a mug of coffee on the other and just have time to read and relax...and by the way they always look so beautiful. Don't get me wrong, I am not so gullible and I also studied advertising, so I know they are fake images...but I also know that sometimes those fake images are there to motivate people to aspire to that and I wonder if someone gets there. I know I work hard, but I never get to that moment where I have nothing to do and can actually sit and enjoy that " magazine picture" life-style. Where does the time go? Today I rushed all morning (since 8.30) to get all the shopping done, the washing, tidied up the house a little bit and then did some cooking so when I got out in the afternoon to have a drink with my family I wouldn't be thinking that I had to quickly come home to cook. I enjoyed maybe one hour walking along some shops, having a drink and then came home for more stuff to do. Take the cats out, hang some clothes on the line, vacuum the living room and get the rest of dinner organised. Now it is 10:30, just finished dinner and the washing up and it is time to finally sit on the couch. Only I am too tired not to fall asleep as soon as I start to relax.

Today I found a vinyl of the soundtrack of the movie Amadeus and bought it for $8. Not bad. I came home and put it on and enjoyed it. Tomorrow is gym in the morning and then report writing...it's the last leg of my first year. Camp is coming out and then the countdown will start. I really need the holidays, the long "relaxing" holidays. Will they be really relaxing? I wonder.

No comments: