Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lettuce from my Veggie Patch


Yesterday I picked all these lettuce leaves from my very own veggie garden. I am so proud of myself for the results. It has been hard having to do it all by myself. Ric couldn't help this time because of his sore leg...but I think he was there with spirit and that is why the veggies are so luscious. I have some tomatoes growing too and red peppers. The round zucchinie or 'zapallitos' plants are huge but all the flowers are dying and no zapallito can be seen at then end, so not sure what's happening there. Looking forward to eating my grape tomatoes when they are ripe. I love it that the holidays are around the corner and I will be able to spend more time there with my plants.

Ayer saque todas estas hojas de lechuga de mi propia quintita. Estoy muy orgullosa de mi esfuerzo ya que este ano tuve que hacer todo sola ya que Ricky no pudo ayudarme por su pierna...igual creo que su espiritu esta ahi en la tierra porque todo esta creciendo con mucha fuerza. Tengo tomates y ajies rojos creciendo tambien. Los zapallitos estan gigantes pero al final de cada flor no se ve ningun fruto, asique no se bien que esta pasando con eso. Mi albaca tambien crece con fuerza. Por suerte las vacaciones ya casi estan aqui y podre pasar mas tiempo con mi jardin.

No comments: