Sunday, June 24, 2012

Winter is here, inevitably.



I must confess to be a winter lover. I'm not so sure if it is because of my hatred for hot weather, because I love wearing more than one layer of clothing or because I was born in winter. I heard once that you tend to love the season you are born in, I always wondered if this was true for everyone. Perhaps there is something that one unconsciously remembers from the first moments into the world, when the simple things like a mother's cuddle or a full tummy was all that mattered.

I must admit though that I prefer very cold but sunny days and not grey, dull and wet ones, like the ones we have been having for so long. I have been feeling a little dull lately without anything exciting on the weekends to look forward to. It is like we had dropped from the high of travelling and now this feeling of being stuck is getting to me. I want to go somewhere on the winter holidays, even if it is for a couple of days to see the open road, the countryside and the ocean. Yes, the ocean. I think I miss the ocean.

Debo confesar que soy una amante del invierno. No estoy seguro si es por mi odio de la temperatura excedidamente calurosa, porque me gusta usar mas de una capa de ropa o porque naci en invierno. Una vez escuche que uno tiende a amar la estacion en la que nacio, siempre me pregunte si esto es cierto para la mayoria de las personas. A lo mejor hay algo que uno inconcientemente recuerda de sus primeros momentos en este mundo, cuando las simples cosas como el calor de la madre o un estomago lleno de leche era todo lo que importaba.


Admito que prefiero esos dias invernales super frios pero soleados. No como los dias grises, opacos y mojados como los que estamos teniendo desde hace un tiempo ya. Me siento un poco opaca yo misma sin nada planeado entretenido para hacer los fines de semana. Es como caimos de la altura que nos dio el viajar casi semanalmente a algun lado por tanto tiempo y ese sentimiento de encierro me esta tocando. Quiero ir a algun lado este invierno, aunque sea por un par de dias a ver la ruta, el campo y el oceano. Si, el oceano. Creo que extrano el oceano.

No comments: