Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ethiopian Food


I have never had Ethiopian food before and I think I will never have it again. Not that the flavours weren't nice or interesting, it's more the way it was all so meaty and cooked like a puree. The meat dishes looked like meat puree, the pieces so small that it was almost like a paste with nothing more than three pieces of lettuce to accompany it.

The food was spicy and quite hot and there was no cutlery to eat with. The food came with this pancake like bread that you had to brake into pieces and use to pick your food up with it. I couldn't eat more than 4 mouthfuls and I was really sick of the intense flavour. I thought if at least there was some rice or vegetables to mix the flavours with then it wouldn't have been so bad, but there wasn't and the lettuce leaves were running out, so I got up washed my hands off the oily substance that impregnated them and considered the meal finished.

No comments: