Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bike Ride to Heidelberg



I had to push myself very hard today to get off the couch and onto the bike, but in the end it was worth it. My energy levels are at its lowest. I wake up with no energy, even after a Saturday sleep in. I am absolutely exhausted. I also had a headache today, lingering all day and pushing my mood down to the bottom of the barrel. I wish it was the Summer holidays, as I am predicting a good rested break after finishing uni, rounds and everything else that is draining me at the moment.

Me tuve que empujar fuerte hoy para levantarme del sillon y subirme a la bicicleta, pero al final valio la pena. Mis niveles de energia estan super bajos. Me levanto sin energia, incluso despues de dormir de mas un Sabado. Estoy totalmente exahusta. Hoy tambien me dolia la cabeza y todo el dia me molesto empujando mi humor bien al fondo del barril. Deseo que sean las vacaciones de verano, ya que me imagino un verano de descanso despues de haber terminado la universidad, las practicas y todo lo demas que me esta quitando la energia en este momento.

We took the Yarra Trail today on our bikes on the other side of the Finns Reserve bridge and turned towards Heidelberg. We have done this path many times before, but haven't in a long while. Riding it today it was nice to see everything the same, but different as the vegetation grows and changes the scenery. Two years ago during the 2009 draught the Banyule Flats were completely dry. Not a single drop laid there. It is nice to see the water there today.

Hoy tomamos la bicisenda Yarra Trail en las bicis del otro lado del puento en Finns Reserve y doblamos para Heidelberg. Hicimos este camino muchas veces, pero no por un buen tiempo. Andando por ahi tambien, fue lindo e interesante ver todo igual pero a la vez diferente ya que la vegetacion crece y cambia alterando el paisaje. Dos anos atras, durante la sequia del 2009, no habia ni una gota de agua en esta laguna. Podias cruzar de lado a lado caminando. Es lindo ver agua de vuelta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may be feeling a little low at the moment, just think of all you've achieved and you'll feel some much better. Not long to go...keep your chin up!
Nikki