Sunday, February 27, 2011

Goodbye Summer


The sun bathed my skin with its warm light as I drove through the Great Ocean Road on Saturday morning on our way to Lorne. It was our last trip for the Summer and I wanted to take it all in: the scenery, the colours, the music. The temperature was perfect, not too hot, not cold and above all no wind, so at the beach I laid down looking at the sky, dipping my hands in the sand beside me and letting it fall through the gaps of my fingers, enjoying every grain. I fell asleep for a while in that peaceful way and when I woke up the sun was gone behind a thick layer of clouds, but it wasn't cold. I walked towards the ocean and went in for a swim. The cool water woke me up and the waves surprised me now and then with a fun sway. It was our last trip for the Summer and even though there is a certain sadness that goes with it, I take with me the spirited fun of the day and the hope of a colourful and soft lighted Autumn.

El sol banaba mi piel con su calida luz mientras manejaba por la Gran Ruta Oceanica el Sabado por la manana en camino a Lorne. Fue nuestro ultimo viaje del verano y queria disfrutar todo: los paisajes, los colores, la musica. La temperatura estaba perfecta, no muy caluroso, no frio y nada de viento, asique en la playa, me acoste mirando el cielo y enterrando mis manos en la arena a mi lado; la dejaba caer entre mis dedos disfrutando cada granito. Asi me quede dormida por un rato en esa paz y cuando me levante el sol se habia escondido detras de una capa gruesa de nubes, pero no hacia frio. Camine hacia el mar y me fui a nadar. El agua fria me desperto y las olas me sorprendian de vez en cuando con un divertido meceo. Fue nuestro ultimo viaje de este verano y aunque hay una cierta tristeza que va con eso, me llevo conmigo la animosa diversion de la simpleza del dia y la esperanza de un Otono colorido y de luces suaves.

1 comment:

Ric said...

Hola Vidu,

aqui estoy probando una compu nueva at TVPS. touch screen y veo Lorne...el agua... el bosque y me agarra desesperacion, Hit The road go a float on my board.