Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Visit to Warrnambool

Today after a morning of rain and wind and faced with the impossibility of a relaxing beach day we left to Warrnambool. We travelled along the road driving through patches of heavy rain and looking at ochre fields scattered with pasturing cows. As I watched them getting wet, munching of the grass, flickering their tails or resting their huge udders on the wet and soggy soil I pondered about their existence. Is it one of unawareness, of simple full stomach contentment or is it one of trapped anguish and exhaustion, of used and tired routines, of pain and desire to escape. I don't know but I like to think that if it is a sad life they are living the simple act of rain falling on their leather coats will bring at least some relief from the overcrowded and smelly barns they must inhabit at night. So I smiled for them as I saw them pass by and hoped that at least they were only used for milking.

Warrnambool is a pretty place but the town is boring. We had coffee and cake and drove around, walked around for a few hours before heading home








.


No comments: