Friday, October 5, 2012

When the River Meets the Sea




Just across from the Allendale walk there is this gorgeous little beach where the St George River meets the sea. From the top of the hill (Teddy's Lookout) this place looks like paradise, the river curls around the rocks and meets the turquoise ocean waters. I always wondered what it would be like from eye-level.
I found that it is just as beautiful and significantly bigger than expected. My pants rolled up and my shoes came off to reveal my soft and virgin feet to cross the river. The water was as cold as a bucket of melted ice water. I could feel pain in my bones but for some reason I don't mind it. Moreover I enjoy the feeling, it is very cleansing.

Del otro lado de la senda que te lleva a Allendale esta esta preciosa playita donde el rio San George se encuentra con el mar. Desde arriba de la montanita (Teddy's Lookout=el Mirador Teddy) este lugar parace un paraiso, el rio se tuerce alrededor de las rocas y se encuentra con las aguas turquesas del oceano. Siempre me pregunte como seria estar ahi. Descubri que es tan preciosa como desde arriba y bastante mas grande que lo que parece. Mis pantalones fueron enrollados y mis zapatillas revelaron mis pies blanquitos y virgenes para cruzar el rio. El agua estaba tan fria como un balde de hielo derretido. Sentia dolor en los huesos del frio pero por alguna razon no me importa. Es mas disfruto esa sensacion, es muy limpiadora.

No comments: