Sunday, October 28, 2012

Exploring the Garden










What a beautiful weekend this was! I woke up at 8:00 to go the gym since I couldn't go on Friday. I felt so weird being there so early on a Saturday! I felt very good after though and washed the car I hired cause I needed to return it. A car service picked me up from Hertz Vermont, as part of my insurance agreement. I felt like a movie star since it wasn't a normal taxi that picked me up but a huge van with electric doors and limousine-like seats in the back. At home I baked an apple pie for dessert and got ready to go out. We went to Fitzroy again, since we didn't have a car and had to catch public transport, it was a handy place to go. Ric and Anton went to a music store and I just strolled around getting in those shops that they never want to go in. We met again about 1/2 hour later and had coffee and cakes at Jasper's. We were walking towards the records shop when I hear my name being called out. It was my friend from work who was sitting in traffic. We kept going and I went to a few other places  before coming back.
Today I did some gardening and the day was so beautiful that we took the cats out to enjoy it too. They are so funny outside, smelling absolutely everything. My garden is looking so pretty with all the flowers coming out and the smell of fresh-cut grass. The veggie patch is shaping up, still quite a bit of work to do before we start planting. A few independent seeds sprouted on their own already, seeds from last year must have lay their roots there.
We also met Miriam and Horacio in the city today and shared a bruschetta and a coffee, they will be going back home soon and we won't see them for a while. We wish them all the best, a safe trip and we hope they come back quickly.

No comments: