Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rain, Rain and More Rain


I am so sick of rain on Saturdays. It just seems to accentuate my state of numbness and brain drain. I'm tired of walking on the wet concrete and feeling how the dirt sticks to the sole of my boots. It annoys me when the  thin but heavy drizzle lathers my hair and the rain-mousse combination leaves my hair feeling limp, lifeless and  stuck to my skull. I don't like opening my umbrella when walking in a street full of shops and people, but I know it's necessary if I want to maintain my head and shoulders dry. I hate driving in the rain and I hate my car being spat with dirty water left, right and centre. I hate drivers in the rain, so stressed and in a hurry.
Don't get me wrong, I like the rain, I love it when I hear thunder and I hear the first droplets falling on the roof. I love the way the earth smells before the rain starts to fall. I just don't love it every weekend, every Saturday, just when I decide to go out.

Estoy harta de la lluvia los Sabados. Parece aumentar mi estado de adormecimiento y de cerebro vacio y agotado. Estoy cansada de caminar sobre el cemento mojado y de sentir como la mugre se pega en la suela de mis botas. Me molesta cuando la llovizna fuerte y finita me empapa la cabeza y la combinacion de lluvia-mousse me deja el pelo chupado, sin vida y pegado a la cabeza. NO me gusta abrir el paraguas cuando estoy caminando por una vereda llena de negocios y de gente, pero se que seria necesario si quiero mantener mi cabeza y mis hombros secos. Odio manejar en la lluvia y odio que mi auto sea escupido con agua de la calle, por todos los costados. Odio a la gente al volante en la lluvia, tan estrasados y apurados. No me malentiendan, me gusta la lluvia. Amo cuando escucho un trueno y al rato escucho las primeras gotas caer sobre el techo. Amo la forma en que la tierra huele justo antes de que empiece a llover. Solo no me gusta que llueva todos los fines de semana, todos los sabados, justo cuando decido salir.

No comments: