Sunday, August 26, 2012


I had a totally active day today, like I hadn't have in a long time. Started by going to the gym in the morning. Yes. The Gym. I have finally plunged into the world of treadmills, stationary bikes and dumbbells. Not that I suddenly become a fitness fanatic, more like a sad realisation that I'd better get into shape as fast as I can before it's too late and I became a very sustainable transportation device that can roll down the street without the assistance of a motorised vehicle. We'll see how we go. I received a "free weekly" pass to a gym nearby and decided to take up the offer, have a feel of the place and see if I could stand it for longer than a week. Whilst pedalling to nowhere and walking fast but not going anywhere I decided that I could and that I will commit to a year of exercising in an enclosed environment under supervision. We'll see how we go. In the afternoon Ric and I walked to the city like we usually do on Sundays and because I had already walked in the morning I got there with my last drop of energy. It was nice being there though, since I missed a couple of weeks due to bad weather. Love Melbourne city, it is so nice being there in the middle of the city and yet feel in a clean environment. Did you know Melbourne is the most liveable city?

Tuve un dia super activo hoy, como no lo he tenido en mucho tiempo. Empezo cuando me levante temprano y fui al gimnasio. Si. Al gimnasio. Finalmente me he lanzado de cabeza al mundo de las cintas, bicicletas estacionarias y pesas. No es que de golpe me converti en una fanatica del ejercicio, es mas una revelacion de que mejor me ponga las pilas y baje unos kilos antes de convertirme en un sistema de transporte ambiental que puede rodar por la calle sin utlizar vehiculos motorizados que envian dioxido de carbono a la atmosfera. Veremos como voy. Recibi un pase gratis de una semana de un gimnasio cercano y decidi aceptar la oferta, chequear el lugar y ver si me agunataria ir por mas de una semana. Mientras pedaleaba en la bicicleta estacionaria hacia ningun lado y caminaba rapido decidi que si, que podria aguantarme un ano y hacer ejercicio bajo la supervision de un experto. A la tarde Ric y yo fuimos a caminar hasta la city como solemos hacer los domingos y yo llegue con mi ultima gota de energia ya que ya habia caminado a la manana. Fue lindo igual ir hasta la city, me encanta Melbourne, es super lindo llegar hasta la city y que no parezca que es el medio de la ciuidad, ya que todavia se puede respirar aire fresco. Sabian que Melbourne es la ciudad mas habitable?

No comments: