Friday, July 13, 2012

Boredom leads to Gastronomy


One thing is for sure, cooking helps get rid off the boredom blues. Not sure what is going on this holidays, but I feel quite unmotivated and very house-bound. I don't feel like doing much and three times I cancelled plans to go to Lorne. May be that I simply need the rest and my body is making me listen to its needs. I have been busy re-decorating my home. Bought a couple of new things, re-arranged furniture and cleaned some cupboards in my kitchen. That has kept me busy, except of course for the odd afternoon when all was done and I didn't know that to do. It just so happened that Anton was in the same boat, so we decided to bake choc-chip cookies. Here is an easy recipe. It is just worth making them for their baking aroma.

Una cosa es segura, cocinar ayuda a sacudir los blues del aburrimiento. No estoy segura que me esta pasando estas vacaciones pero me siento bastante unmotivada y muy apegada al hogar. No tengo ganas de hacer mucho y tres veces cancele la salida a Lorne. Debe ser que simplemente necesito el descanso y mi cuerpo me esta haciendo que lo escuche. Me mantuve ocupada re-decorando mi casa. Compre un par de cosas nuevas, di vuelta los muebles y limpie algunos armarios de la cocina. Eso me mantuvo bastante ocupada, exceptuando la rara tarde cuando todo estaba hecho y no sabia como ocupar el tiempo. Se dio justo que Anton estaba en la misma situacion y nos pusimos a hacer galletitas con pedacitos de chocolate. Puedo traducir la receta si alguien lo pide. Vale la pena hacerlas solo por el aroma que dejan en la cocina.

Choc-chip cookies recipe:

200 g butter (softened, but not melted!)
1 tin condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
self rising flour (not sure the amount, but you will
know when you don't need anymore)
1 pk choc-chips (I prefer Cadbury)

Precedure

Pre-heat oven and butter a few trays

1- Soften the butter in a bowl
2- Stir in condensed milk
3- Add vanilla essence
4- Sift flour in and mix with a wooden spoon until it becomes too hard to stir
5- Fold in 3/4 of the choc-chips
6- Add flour until the dough resembles playdough and you can knead it with your hands
7- Roll into a thick cylinder
8- you can cut 2cm slices with a knife or alternatively you can break pieces of the dough with your hands, roll them in the palm of your hands and place on tray
9- Add the remaining choc-chips on top of the cookies
10- Bake in a moderate oven aproximately 10 minutes or until golden

ENJOY


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM!

Can you make me some?

Nikki