Saturday, October 8, 2011

A one day escapee



I know I haven't been keeping up with the blog for the last couple of weeks, but I had a good reason. I have had the worst holidays ever from the first Saturday. My friend Nikki came over to do some uni work and that signalled the beginning of my last long four assignments. Two of which were due on the 4th (done in conjuction with Nikki) and the other 2 on the 10th. I had practically no holidays, no sleep ins, no movie watching or re-run of Buffy, Angel, Star Trek, The Wire or Battlestar Galactica. Simply studying every day, every day, every single day.
Last Tuesday (even though my last assignment hadn't been started) I took the day off and Ric and I went to Lorne. Anton had to say in Melbourne to go to uni. I think that if you look at my face in this photo you can see my mental exhaustion for which only that landscape could heal. Getting there wasn't easy since we did it on foot and had to walk up the steep hill. If you look at the photo of the road you can see the incline of the power cables. See them disappear down the abyss? I huffed and puffed but happily made it to the top.

Ya se que no estuve manteniendo el blog por las ultimas dos semanas, pero tengo una buena excusa. Tuve las peores vacaciones desde el pirmer Sabado cuando mi amiga Nikki vino a casa a estudiar y eso marco el comienzo de dos semanas de estudio incesante. Tuve dos trabajos finales que presentar en equipo con Nikki para el 2/10 y los otros dos por mi cuenta para persentar el 10/10. Asique practicamente no tuve descanso ni vacaciones, no dormilonas, no mirar peliculas o capitulos repetidos de Buffy, Angel, Star Trek, The Wire o Battlestar Galactica. Simplemente estudiar todos los dias, todos los dias, cada maladito dia. El martes pasado (a pesar de no haber ni empezado mi ultimo trabajo) me harte y me tome un dia de descanso y Ricky y yo nos fuimos a Lorne. Anton se quedo porque tenia que ir a la facultad. Creo que si me miran la cara en esta foto se me nota el agotamiento mental que solo ese paisaje podia curar. Llegar ahi no fue facil, ya que lo hicimos caminando y tuvimos que subir la montana empinada. Si miran la foto de la calle y siguen los cables de luz pueden ver la inclinacion espeluznante de esa subida...los ven desaparecer en el abismo alla abajo? LLegue contenta a pasear del respiro agitado.

No comments: