Sunday, June 19, 2011

Vestiges of sunshine


Like an artist using his paintbrush to colour the top of the trees orange, the remaining Sunday sunshine bathed the top third of this street in light, leaving the rest in a cold penumbra. I was driving home after a nice cafe latte and jam scones when I saw this beautiful gift of nature. I pulled over the side of the road and snapped these images. Being a good observant of nature rewards me with some simple but beautiful moments that would go unnoticed if I was a simple passerby who is only wrapped around the mundane problems of a superficial life.
This weekend I had some well deserved rest, slept in and did not worry too much about things. It is difficult to unwind though, I am finding.

Como un artista usando su pincel para colorear de naranja la punta de los arboles, lo que quedaba del sol dominguero bano la tercera parte de arriba de esta calle, dejando el resto en penumbra fria. Yo manejaba para casa despues de un cafe con leche y escones con mermelada cuando vi este paisaje hermoso. Pare a un costado y saque estas imagenes. Ser un buen observador de la naturaleza me gratifica con simples pero hermosos momentos que no serian notados si fuera un pasante enroscado en los problemas mundanos de una vida superficial. Este fin de semana apreveche a descansar merecidamente, dormi bastante y no me preocupe demasiado por nada. Es dificil desenchufarse, estoy notando.

No comments: